Our Platform is designed, built and operated with these essential ingredients:
- > 70 years combined experience designing, building, optimising and operating real-time algorithmic trading and risk management systems
- Real-time Time Series Data Pipeline Architecture – Powered by Kdb+ from Kx
- Visual Analytics and Discovery – Powered by Panopticon from Datawatch
- DevOps Automation – Powered by Ansible and Python
- Passion for Speed, Accuracy, Dependability and Customer Success – Powered by us
We come from Electronic Trading Technology in some of the world’s largest financial institutions.
If you are contemplating becoming a Customer, Employee, Partner or Supplier of Tapaas, I think you should understand who we are. Who we are is of course, the culmination of the life experiences and responses to opportunities and challenges each of the founders and team members have faced. Tom and I, the co-founders of Tapaas, are seasoned technology and business professionals with many years experience in building innovative ground breaking solution in demanding environments like financial markets, telecommunications and health.
We met in the Australia branch of Salomon SmithBarney, one of the world’s most successful investment banks. On the wall of the Australian CEO’s office was a motto “Better to ask forgiveness than permission.” The motto was incredibly empowering to the team. But, this empowerment brought with it the great responsibility as well. Rather than develop political skills necessary to navigate layers of bureaucracy to get approval from everyone, we learned to make good risk reward decisions and live with the consequences. Initiative and success were rewarded with large bonuses. Failure was sometimes forgiven, sometimes career ending. The risk reward mix at Salomon’s attracted the most intelligent, talented and motivated people I have met. It created an amazing atmosphere of camaraderie and intense drive to push boundaries. Who we are of course influences how we are building and operating this company.